Salisbury Beach

Salisbury Beach
Thank You Katie, Mary, Caitlin and Brian

Sunday, April 17, 2011

04-16-2011 Tierra Bella Century



Today was the final long ride in preparation for the trip. Tierra Bella features 6700 feet of climbing in two large chunks, the most serious of which is the 2500 foot slog up to Henry Coe State Park above Morgan Hill. I rode most of the route with Mike Moore, and portions with several people from SS/L and Tom Stanis and Alexander Komlik of SJBC.

The Good:        Finished in 7:32, almost a half hour better than last year. The 10 mile interval from 90 to 100 miles averaged 20 mph, aided by a good tailwind and slight downhill most of the way (but that tailwind had been a headwind earlier).

The Bad:          My foot hurt towards the end, including a bruise which is developing on my right heel. I have neuropathy in my feet, which means that I cannot feel what is going on down there, so I need to check every day for blisters, etc. I will use a bandage on the bruise to try to protect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment